From <Gunnar.Bost...@tietoenator.com>
Subject Out of order log entries
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2008 05:43:56 GMT
Hi,
I've noticed that log entries some times are written to the log out of
time order when there are multiple threads and high load.
I've seen example where an entry for one thread is more than 20 seconds
late.
I assume that somewhere in the log4j code there is a synchronization
point where the threads are randomly picked, as the java standard says.
These could mean that a thread could wait quite long before it has the
chance to write the entry.

I would like to know if my thoughts are right and if there is any
workaround besides try to minimize logging.

/Gunnar