From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: ChainSaw - accessing a file on a VM
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:11:20 GMT
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:24:26 +0200
  "Aux Board" <auxboard@gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Sorry to ask a somewhat trivial question, but I am using ChainSaw to display
> logging information on a VM using LogFilePatternReceiver. I am setting the
> fileURL in the following manner and it works fine:
>   file://///192.168.1.100/log/xxx.log

Interesting, this works?  I've never seen the file: protocol used in a way
where it passes an IP address.  I've also never seen 5 slashes used after the
protocol.  Are you sure all of them are needed?  I guess if it works, it
works.

> However, to access this log file I am requested to login to the VM (I work
> around it by opening the above location using Windows Explorer which prompts
> me for a logon). Is there a way that I can enter the userid and password
> from within the above statement? Also if that's possible, what if there is
> no password for a given userid? How can I specify a null password?

I would think it would be similar to providing it for http: URLs....

file://///username:password@192.168.1.100/log/xxx.log

...or just...

file://///username@192.168.1.100/log/xxx.log