From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Can custom appender override the log4j.xml configuration
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 16:45:24 GMT
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:45:13 +0530
  "Aneez Backer" <aneezb@pramati.com> wrote:

>> If you don't want log4j to avoid the default initialization procedure you
>> can set the log4j.defaultInitOverrride system property to anything other
>> than "false".
>
> How does log4j interpret defaultInitOverride?? Does any value other than
>'false' imply true ?? Does 'null' also imply true ??

I didn't look at the code, but usually a boolean is not true unless explicitly
set to "true".  Anything else is false.  Then again, it could be simply
looking for the existence of the property, in which case even setting it to
"false" should enable this option.  I don't have the time to review it, but
you can always look at this yourself.  Look up the source for LogManager.java
and see what it does.

Jake