From Michael Erskine <michael.ersk...@ketech.com>
Subject RE: static log4j configuration statement
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:27:50 GMT
Bender Heri [mailto:HBender@Ergonomics.ch] wrote:

> Just put your property file into the classpath and you do not have to
> worry about initialization of log4j framework. It does it automagically
> when you fetch the first logger.
> Heri

Whilst that might be perfectly correct it is not what I'm attempting to achieve here; when
I run any of my JUnit test suites the normal initialisation is suppressed and the first test
will bootstrap a pleasing ConsoleAppender so the test results can be recorded. This technique
can be used in any scenario where we want a basic but useful log4j configuration created if
one has not already been configured explicitly (or, perhaps, automagically).

Regards,
Michael Erskine.