From "Kannan Ekanath" <kannan.ekan...@gmail.com>
Subject Unable to get Syslog appender to work without the -r option
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2008 10:41:11 GMT
Hi,Log4j - 1.2.18
I am using the Log4j Syslog Appender to write syslog messages to my
localhost. Since this is just localhost I would have expected the Appender
to not draw up any network connections. I redirect all *.info messages in my
localhost to a file and I did not see my log4j messages there.

However, when I run the syslog daemon with the -r option (which is to accept
remote connections) I can see my log4j messages.

My question is this, since I my sysloghost is just the "localhost", is there
a way to talk to the local syslog host without a network connection?
Apparently, our Systems folks are not okay with opening up the syslog ports
for remote connections?

Is there an option?

--
Regards,