From "Poythress, Lynn" <apoyt...@skymail.csus.edu>
Subject How to log ip addresses?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 22:55:37 GMT
Hi,

We are running Unicon's uPortal product.  It utilizes log4j and we have a log4j.properties
file which creates a portal.log file.  In that portal.log file it logs users that log on to
the portal.  We would like it to log the ip address of each user; currently it just shows
user name and userid.

Do we modify the log4j.properties file to have it add each user's ip address to the log?

If so, can you point me in the right direction?  I read about appenders, but couldn't see
any parameters that would specifically capture ip addresses.

Thanks,
Lynn Poythress