From "Poythress, Lynn" <apoyt...@skymail.csus.edu>
Subject RE: How to log ip addresses?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:22:58 GMT
Dong,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'll look into it from that angle.

Lynn

-----Original Message-----
From: Dong Zhang [mailto:dzhang@seven.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:45 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: RE: How to log ip addresses?

Hi Lynn,

I have no idea about uPortal, but for log4j, it has no application
specific configuration, e.g. username, ip address, etc.

The reason you see username, is uPortal application logged it. So if you
want ip address, you need to look into uPortal doc/configuration files,
instead of log4j configuration.

Dong