From vhw <victorhwhis...@yahoo.com>
Subject Rolling File Appender rolls over when my app restarts
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:17:13 GMT

Hello,

I'm new to log4j and I've search the forums for this issue.  It seems many
people are have the problem of the appender NOT rolling over, but I have the
opposite.  Actually I have two questions/issues and I wasn't sure if I
should use two separate posts or not.

First, my problem is when I restart the app the log gets rolled over even
though it has not reached it's specified size.  I'm using the
DOMConfigurator when I setup the log properties.

The other issue is I need to setup some basic logging before my app is
completely ready to run i.e log the setup of configuration stuff, then when
my app config is ready, I will have configs for log4j from that.  What is
the best way to setup log4j.?  Just run DOMConfigurator twice?

Many Thanks in advance