From Tom Hsu <tom....@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Log4J exception
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 21:52:00 GMT
Hi Curt,

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not familiar with class loaders so did
not think it would be needed info.

Indeed, I am in an environment where multiple classloaders are probably
used. Possibly since I am starting my main java program through
Eclipse's equinox. Equinox provides a sophisticated bundling system
which uses custom classloader for sure. With your pointer, I will have
to dig further into Equinox bundle loading to see if a the log4j.jar is
being loaded twice.

I am starting running the code through eclipse, and the main looks like
this:
        System.getProperties().put("JavaAgentLogConfigFile",
                "C:\\prototype\\log4j.xml");
        String[] launcherArgs = {
                "-configuration",
                "C:\\prototype\\configuration",
                "-install",
                "C:\\prototype",

"-DJavaAgentLogConfigFile=C:\\OracleATS2\\OFT\\jagent\\log4j-commandline.xml"};
        org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(launcherArgs);
    }
The directory point to an instance of eclipse install. I am configuring
this one since the eclipse environment has all the required plugins
including the log4j bundles.

If anyone has some pointer on how to debug a environment like this,
please let me know. I am just running this in eclipse debug mode.

Regards,
Tom