From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using both .properties and .xml files
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:43:57 GMT

On Nov 17, 2008, at 11:36 PM, Dulanjanie wrote:

> --
>
> Hi,
> Is there a way we can use both the log4j.xml file and the
> log4j.properties file?
> cant seem to find an answer to that...
> thanks!

The default configuration strategy will load log4j.xml preferentially
over log4j.properties.  However, you could come up with arbitrary
behaviors if you explicitly configured log4j.  Calls to configurators
are cumulative (unless reset is specified in the file), so you could
call PropertyConfigurator.configure() and then
DOMConfigurator.configure().

Could you describe what you are trying to accomplish?