From "AJ Weber" <awe...@comcast.net>
Subject SocketHubAppender can not bind on Solaris?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 04:51:23 GMT
I'm trying to startup a SocketHubAppender on Solaris 9.  All my other, local/file logging works
great.

  I check if a port is in-use, and find an open one -- take 12001 for example.

  So I configure my appender and port, then try starting my java application.  But it almost
immediately comes back with a java.net.BindException: Address already in use!  But it wasn't
a second ago!  Is this a Solaris-specific problem anyone has seen before?  I think the host
may be using NIS+, could that be blocking my binding to it?

  Thanks in advance for any info/help!

  -AJ