From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SocketHubAppender can not bind on Solaris?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 10:33:41 GMT
AJ Weber skrev  den 02-12-2008 05:51:
> I'm trying to startup a SocketHubAppender on Solaris 9.  All my other, local/file logging
works great.

>   I check if a port is in-use, and find an open one -- take 12001 for example.

How do you find an open one?

I can recommend running nmap against the machine.

>   So I configure my appender and port, then try starting my java application.  But it
almost immediately comes back with a java.net.BindException: Address already in use!  But
it wasn't a second ago!  Is this a Solaris-specific problem anyone has seen before?  I think
the host may be using NIS+, could that be blocking my binding to it?

Perhaps you should learn to use the Solaris version of netstat as it can
tell you who sits on the port.  It might also be a permission problem?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen  "...plus... Tubular Bells!"