From "Bender Heri" <HBen...@Ergonomics.ch>
Subject AW: [SPAM (Bayesain Analysis)] - Using log4j.properties to handle other properties - Bayesian Filter detected spam
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:43:32 GMT
I assume you mean following (pseudo code)

If SystempropertyCollectStatistics==True
    myLog.info( ... )

The correct way would be to use a special named logger and declare it in the propeties file
with the desired log level.

Possible code in class with statstic logging needs:

 Logger myNormalDebugLogger = Logger.getLogger( <CLASS> );
 Logger myStatisticLogger = Logger.getLogger( "StatisticLogger" )
 static int count = 0;

void foo()
   myNormalDebugLogger.debug( "entering foo()..." );
   count++;
   if myStatisticLogger.isInfoEnabled()
      myStatisticLogger.info( "foo() called now " + count + " times" );

Within the configuration file you can enable the statistics by setting the level of "StatisticLogger"
to INFO, disable it by setting it to WARN or OFF.

Heri