From Chandresh Turakhia <chandresh.turak...@bhartitelesoft.com>
Subject Windows : SockerAppender
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:02:04 GMT
Dear all :
Is it possible on windows ??? SocketAppender... writes to socket ~~AND~~ also gives Exception
??

/// Code piece
      } catch(IOException e) {
                        //oos = null;
                        isException = true;
                        LogLog.warn("Detected problem with connection: Trying to Log.... :"
+ strLogEventMsg +e);
                        objSingletonEventHandler.isSocketServerConnected = false;
                        appenderObservable.fireEventToObservers("407");
                        fireConnector();
                        /*
                        if(reconnectionDelay > 0) {
                         System.out.println("fireConnector" );
                          fireConnector();
                        } else {
                            errorHandler.error("Detected problem with connection, not reconnecting.",
e,
                       ErrorCode.GENERIC_FAILURE);
                        }
                        */
/// End Code piece
We encountered situation where it gives exception but still writes to server.
Basically I save the LoggingEvent in finally block store & send it again.... It ends up
writing twice at server... How to avoid this situation...

/// Code piece
          finally {
                if (isException)
                {
                        LogLog.debug("append(string): Exception " +  "Updating isSocketServerConnected-written=false
" + objSingletonEventHandler.isSocketServerConnected);
                        writeToLocalFile(event);
                }
/// End Code piece