From Chandresh Turakhia <chandresh.turak...@bhartitelesoft.com>
Subject Serialize Unserialise LoggingEvent..
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:31:50 GMT
Dear all :

I know there are trainsient variables in LoggingEvent but I tried serializing and deserializing
to file.
Only first LoggingEvent is deserialized and after that I get

java.io.StreamCorruptedException
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1326)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:339)
        at test2.main(test2.java:33)

Has any one tried Serializing and Deserializing LoggingEvent. If so can u share experiences
plz..

Regards
Chand

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy [mailto:guy.van.tilborgh@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:46 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Custom Appender works fine with rootlogger, but not when logger specified

Thanks Simon,

but my problem was caused by the following lines during activateOptions():

//set the name to the className as name of the appender.
//This will always be the name of the actual class (I have more than
one appender, some extending the other)
String classname = this.getClass().getName();
classname = classname.substring(classname.lastIndexOf(".") +1);
this.setName(classname);

I don't even know anymore why I thought this would be a good idea, but
ommenting the code solved the problem.

I am curious how that code was the cause of the problem, but the
problem itself is solved

Guy

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Simon Park <simon_park_mail@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Take a look at the http://www.simonsite.org.uk/javadoc/org/apache/log4j/appender/TimeAndSizeRollingAppender.html.
 Source is available in the JAR at http://www.simonsite.org.uk/resources/lib/log4j-rolling-appender.jar.
 This appender does a similar thing to your custom appender by the sounds of it.

> Simon
>

> ________________________________

This e-mail and all material transmitted with it are for the use of the intended recipient(s)
ONLY and contains confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies and the original
message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any action taken pursuant to the contents of the present e-mail is
strictly prohibited and is unlawful.
The recipient acknowledges that Bharti Telesoft Limited or its management or directors, are
unable to exercise control or ensure the integrity over /of the contents of the information
contained in e-mail. Any views expressed herein are those of the individual sender only and
no binding nature of the contents shall be implied or assumed unless the sender does so expressly
with due authority of Bharti Telesoft Limited. E-mail and any contents transmitted with it
are prone to viruses and related defects despite all efforts to avoid such by Bharti Telesoft
Limited.