From Chance Yeoman <cyeo...@cait.org>
Subject Separating Configuration
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:27:51 GMT

Hi,

I am working on a log4j implementation of the http request logger for Jetty 6.1.7 and I had
a question about the best practice for separating logger configurations and hierarchies.
I would like to line configuration up with current Jetty config as much as possible.  This
would mean one default logger configured from a single config file and the ability to create
any number of new loggers on a context basis that could be configured from their own files.
 What's the best way to keep these configurations separate and local to the server's http
request logging mechanism?  Should I create a LoggerFactory that maintains it's own LoggerRepository
just for the request loggers?

Thanks,

Chance

--
Center for the Application of Information Technologies