From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with log4j SimpleSocketServer connection
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 02:00:04 GMT
On Mar 25, 2009, at 12:29 PM, Scott Deboy wrote:

> I'm not sure what format log4cxx's SocketAppender uses to send logging
> events.
>
> Try using an XMLSocketAppender on the log4cxx side and an
> XMLSocketReceiver
> on the SimpleSocketServer side.

log4cxx 0.9.7 (a pre-ASF release) used a platform dependent format.
log4cxx 0.10.0's SocketAppender generates packages that are compatible
with log4j's SocketAppender.

XMLSocketAppender would work in either 0.9.7 or 0.10.0.

The same initial question was posted on log4cxx-user, so I'll address
it there.