From Guy <guy.van.tilbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Appender works fine with rootlogger, but not when logger specified
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:15:51 GMT
Thanks Simon,

but my problem was caused by the following lines during activateOptions():

//set the name to the className as name of the appender.
//This will always be the name of the actual class (I have more than
one appender, some extending the other)
String classname = this.getClass().getName();
classname = classname.substring(classname.lastIndexOf(".") +1);
this.setName(classname);

I don't even know anymore why I thought this would be a good idea, but
ommenting the code solved the problem.

I am curious how that code was the cause of the problem, but the
problem itself is solved

Guy

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Simon Park <simon_park_mail@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Take a look at the http://www.simonsite.org.uk/javadoc/org/apache/log4j/appender/TimeAndSizeRollingAppender.html.
 Source is available in the JAR at http://www.simonsite.org.uk/resources/lib/log4j-rolling-appender.jar.
 This appender does a similar thing to your custom appender by the sounds of it.