From <Gunnar.Bost...@tieto.com>
Subject Log4j AsyncAppender does not log stack trace
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 12:42:42 GMT
Hi,
I use log4j version 1.2.14 and the async appender. It works fine but
this morning I noticed a strange behavior.
We experienced some (about 10) NullPointerExceptions after midnight
This statement: logger.error("RemoteResult caught exception", e);
logged the exception and a stack trace as expected.

After 7 AM we got some more (about 10 again) NullPointerExceptions but
now we only got the message and no stack trace!

The appender is configured with a buffer size of 5000 and blocking set
to true.
I don't think that the load is so high that the buffer has been filled
up.

What can be wrong?

Thanks
/Gunnar