From Christophe Elek <ce...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: import log into java model using log4j.properties
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:38:30 GMT

Hey Doug,
Yes I agree

I was thinking I could use the same ConversionPattern

So if my log4j properties lists

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} [%t] %5p
%-50.50c  - %m%n

it would use the ConversionPatten as a regex  and read each line ??

am I dreaming ? :)

Christophe Elek - Senior Software Analyst
IBM Rational Serviceability Architect
IBM Toronto Lab 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Phone Number: (905) 413-3467
Email: celek@ca.ibm.com

Rational Internal Serviceability Portal
"Don't just fix the mistakes - fix whatever permitted the mistake in the
first place." Charles Fishman

Web:http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/

  From:       Douglas E Wegscheid <Douglas_E_Wegscheid@whirlpool.com>

  To:         "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>

  Cc:         "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@logging.apache.org>

  Date:       03/25/2009 10:14 AM

  Subject:    Re: import log into java model using log4j.properties

doing this with an arbitrary layout would be quite daunting.

if you use XMLLayout, then reading the XML and doing what you want would
be quite simple.

Douglas E Wegscheid
Lead Technical Analyst, Whirlpool Corporation
(269)-923-5278

"A wrong note played hesitatingly is a wrong note. A wrong note played
with conviction is interpretation."