From Christophe Elek <ce...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Using log4j.properties to handle other properties
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:08:39 GMT

My developers are using System Properties to enable certain trace options
(like collecting statistics)
Is there a way I could define such property in the log4j.properties instead
so we keep trace/log options and metadata together ?

So my developers will do
<aLog 4J object>.getProperty('my property') instead of System.getProperty()
?

Christophe Elek - Senior Software Analyst
IBM Rational Serviceability Architect
IBM Toronto Lab 8200 Warden Avenue, Markham, Ontario, L6G 1C7
Phone Number: (905) 413-3467
Email: celek@ca.ibm.com

Rational Internal Serviceability Portal
"Don't just fix the mistakes - fix whatever permitted the mistake in the
first place." Charles Fishman

Web:http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/