From collatz <ny...@nurfuerspam.de>
Subject Telegram based DailyRollingFile appender?
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:31:56 GMT

Hi there,

the DailyRollingFile appender is great for my needs. But there's one point:
I'm logging remote on a centralized repository. If I'm logging and my LAN
connection is truncated, even only for a period of some seconds, it is not
going to start logging after the connection is ok again.

It's ok for me, that those messages, produced in the period the LAN
connection was gone are lost, but that the DailyRollingFile appender doesn't
continue to log after the connection is ready again does hit me hard. :(

I'm additionally using the nagios appender and this one for example works.
I'm loosing the log messages for the time the connection isn't established
but as soon as the connection comes back im getting my informations in
nagios.

Is there any way for a file appender, such as the DailyRollingFile appender,
to make it more resistant to connection loss?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Greetings,

Collatz