From Lucas Vickers <lucasvick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: using a different log4j.properties file per classes directory
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 02:58:32 GMT
I'm using tomcat 5.5.25

I modified the log4j in the commons dir:
common/classes/log4j.properties

and added two seporate logging definitions based on class:

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, R

log4j.category.com.tabs=REBUG, T

in my java code I define the logger as:
Logger log = Logger.getLogger("com.tabs.servlet");

which then causes all the tabs based logging to occur in a separate file
(defined under the T log definition).  The log entries from tabs are
repeated into the root logger, which is not ideal but I can deal with.

Lucas