From Brett Randall <javabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What versions of Windows does NTEventLogAppender support?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 19:11:13 GMT
Hi Mark,

Last time I faced the same question myself (within the last 6 months) I was
unable to find a pre-compiled 64-bit DLL for NTEventLogAppender.  JNI will
not load/link the 32-bit one from a 64-bit JVM.

I've started my own library bridging to java.util.logging or log4j, based on
HOWTOs I found on the net.  It's called wel4j (Windows Event Log for Java)
and is hosted here: http://wel4j.googlecode.com/ .  Unfortunately it is
currently lacking a working native Maven build for the DLL, but if you want
to go this route I should be able to provide one in a releasable form.

Best
Brett