From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: log4j properteis set up for different packages
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:10:12 GMT
Please correct your log4j.properties.  It's got two definitions for
"rootLogger".  And one has the appender before the logging level which is
wrong.

In any case, it looks like in both cases you are attempting a add, at least,
the R appender to the root logger.  If you do that, then all child loggers
will inherit it and log to it.  If you expect certain child loggers not to log
to it, then either can't set it at the root logger or you need to set
additivity to false for the loggers you don't want to go to the R appender.

Jake