From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: using a different log4j.properties file per classes directory
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:42:12 GMT
Are you saying that you get INFO (as well as WARN, ERROR, and FATAL) logging
from the "com.tabs" logger (and children) in the "R" appender associated with
the rootLogger?  That's to be expected, as the "com.tabs" logger (and
children) inherits appenders from parent loggers unless additivity is set to
"false".

While you can set...

log4j.additivity.com.tabs=false

...I recommend you simply change your root logger to log at a more strict
level that will log a bit less, such as "WARN".  If you want less restrictive
logging for certain things, then you can define those separately.  This should
minimize what gets logged to your "R" appender and make it easier to grok.

Jake