From Moley Harey <moleyha...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with Chainsaw launched using Java Web Start
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 07:57:01 GMT
Hi folks,

I installed Chainsaw in my Tomcat to be able to launch it remotely, I tested
to launch Chainsaw using the remote url to access it and worked fine, Java
Web Start can launch Chainsaw without problems, I can select my own config
file that creates a new "SocketReceiver" to listen in port 4445 etc...

The problem is that I have checked that when I launch Chainsaw like this,
the port 4445 is not opened and so Clients trying to connect to that port
can't send log4j messages to Chainsaw.

If I launch the application as standalone (not using Java Web Start) then
the port are correctly open and messages are read.

Question: Is possible to use Chainsaw with Java Web Start? Any help on this?

Thanks in advance,

Mh