From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4J Performance
Date Mon, 24 Aug 2009 02:12:27 GMT

On Aug 18, 2009, at 7:19 AM, Gurdeep Singh wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are writing an application whose sole purpose is to log incoming
> requests. Since the volume of requests would be huge, would Log4J be
> suitable for such an application or there are performance  issues.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gurdeep

log4j (and logback for that matter) are frameworks for diagnostic
logging for applications.  Basically, you can add logging statements
to your code and then configure the conditions under which the
statements execute and where the messages are stored or transmitted.

Your description really seems like you are looking for a persistence
or messaging framework?  Are you expecting to query the requests that
you are logging?  Are you dispatching the requests to different agents?