From Hari Krishna Dara <harid...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: log4j-user Digest 24 Aug 2009 01:49:01 -0000 Issue 1647
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2009 23:34:16 GMT
Thanks Scott. The attached file has sample log that has only one line
parsed correctly (log ID: 8), the rest have it wrong. Save this file
and use the below options for LogFilePatternReceiver:

fileURL: file:///c:/tmp/refresh_reporting.log
logFormat: TIMESTAMP LOGGER THREAD LEVEL MESSAGE
name: refresh_reporting

If you save to a different directory than c:\tmp, change it
accordingly. If you don't use windows, you may have to change the
number of slashes (not sure). Name can be anything.

I don't currently have the log that I generated with fixed width of 40
characters for thread name, but if you need that I can try to generate
it again (or change the attached log file to have a fixed width for
thread name). I expected that to parse better, but even the log ID: 8
didn't parse in that context.

-- Hari