From Michael Erskine <michael.ersk...@ketech.com>
Subject RE: Verifying initialization
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:55:14 GMT
> From: Jacob Kjome [mailto:hoju@visi.com]
> Subject: Re: Verifying initialization
> have you tried using?.....
>  -Dlog4j.debug=true

I think what is being discussed here (correct me if I'm wrong) is the _unattended_ programmatic
verification of initialisation rather than a one-time human-observed verification or additional
verbosity (that nobody will read anyway!). If the logging isn't working as expected then I
usually have one or more flags set that will indicate the problem in any dashboards, GUIs,
JConsoles, status reports, what-have-you. rather than find out after 30 days of uptime that
there's no audit trail!

Regards,
Michael Erskine.