From ecmcn <eric.mcne...@gmail.com>
Subject Verifying initialization
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 23:47:34 GMT

What are some common techniques for verifying Log4J startup and
initialization completed successfully?

For a specific example, if DOMConfigurator can't parse my XML config file
I'll get errors to stdout but nothing that tells my code there was a
problem. I tried checking for the existence of my Appenders, but it seems
they're loaded asynchronously. I could loop and wait until they're all
there, but it seems like I must be missing something obvious.

Any best practices out there?

thanks,
Eric