From SkyMe <gs_v...@mail.ru>
Subject Diff between Logger and Log
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:02:48 GMT

Hello! I faced with a such situation when Logger and Log act differently.
I configure my log4j with

DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch(xmlFileName);

In the configure xml file there is defined only one appender - FileAppender.
So, when I'm using

Log log = LogFactory.getLog(name);

and then

log.info("I'm a log!");

it writes this log to file.

But when I'm using

Logger logger.getLogger()....
or
LogManager.getLogger()....

they write logs only to the console! Why don't they use configurations from
xml file?

context: I deploy my app to JBoss AS, I use my owm log4j.xml (not JBoss'
one), I added log4j.jar to the lib of my .ear project.

Thank you!