From Bender Heri <hben...@ergonomics.ch>
Subject AW: AW: Logging done in the wrong files
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 06:46:47 GMT
Additivity flag has no effect on root logger since the root logger is the uppermost logger
within the hierarchy. The flag is only meant for subordinated loggers (e.g. com.my.company.
...).

Do you have two log4j.jar in the same application? Each application needs only one (in WEB-INF/lib),
and the parent classloader needs one (in common/lib).

You say that you use "the same log.properties". Do you mean, you configure the same file names
in two different applications? Therefore I guess you get the same entry from a common library
class which is used by two different apps.

Or do you mean you see, e.g., an INFO statement in both the Logger_Debug.txt and the Logger_Info.txt?
This would be normal according to your configuration.

Your copied config content is not complete. You reference an ERRRO_APPENDER which is not defined.
Are you sure that there is no other logger declaration in your config file, without the additivity
flag, but the same appenders? This would be the reason for having double log entries.

Please explain more accurate.

Heri

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----