From shaoxianyang <ysxsu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Is DailyRollingFileAppender efficient or safe to use if log file is huge?
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:13:43 GMT

Hi,

I am using log4j 1.2.15.   I am pondering between DailyRollingFileAppender
and RollingFileAppender.

For RollingFileAppender, I can enforce file size limit and MaxBackupIndex.
But for DailyRollingFileAppender, i can not limit either.

Aside from being difficult to planing disk space usage, does
DailyRollingFileAppender cause inefficiency if the log file become huge?  In
theory, the log4j just keeps a fiel descriptor and append to the end.  It
should not matter that much if the log file is big or small.

Did I miss anything.  Any feedback or recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks.

Shaoxian Yang