From shaoxianyang <ysxsu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Is DailyRollingFileAppender efficient or safe to use if log file is huge?
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:47:19 GMT

Hi,

I am using log4j 1.2.15.   I am pondering between DailyRollingFileAppender
and RollingFileAppender.

For RollingFileAppender, I can enforce file size limit and MaxBackupIndex.
But for DailyRollingFileAppender, i can not limit either.

Aside from being difficult to plan disk space usage in advance, does
DailyRollingFileAppender cause inefficiency if the log file become huge?  In
theory, the log4j just keeps a fiel descriptor and append to the end.  It
should not matter that much if the log file is big or small.

Did I miss anything?  Any feedback or recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks.

Shaoxian Yang