From Pat Farrell <pfarr...@pfarrell.com>
Subject Re: bizarre NPE exception
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 01:56:40 GMT
Curt Arnold wrote:
> The log4j 1.2 date and date caching code is problematic and was replaced
> in the abandoned log4j 1.3 effort which was then back-ported in the
> EnhancedPatternLayout in the extras companion.  If you goal is just to
> side step the issues, then I would recommend using the
> EnhancedPatternLayout.

Yes, my goal is to see all log messages that make sense, and not see
bugs within log4j itself. I think this is "yes" to your question.

What's an EnhancedPatternLayout? how do I use it? Pointer to
documentation that I've missed?

I admit that my understanding of the log4j.properties is pretty weak, I
usually just cut and paste from examples until it works.

Pat

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/