From Pat Farrell <pfarr...@pfarrell.com>
Subject how to use EnhancedPatternLayout
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 13:42:35 GMT
In another thread, it was suggested that I convert from using

PatternLayout to EnhancedPatternLayout

so I changed all occurances of PatternLayout to EnhancedPatternLayout in
my log4j.properties file. A typical line now looks like:

log4j.appender.fnfbookfile.layout=org.apache.log4j.EnhancedPatternLayout

When I run the program, I get errors from log4j:
log4j:ERROR No layout set for the appender named [daemon].
log4j:ERROR No layout set for the appender named [pat].

Did I guess the wrong format? Do I need to use a different
layout.ConversionPattern?

Do I need an additional jar file of libraries that contain the
backported enhancements?

Thanks
Pat

--