From Pat Farrell <pfarr...@pfarrell.com>
Subject Re: how to use EnhancedPatternLayout
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 02:36:45 GMT
Curt Arnold wrote:
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/extras/index.html and
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/extras/download.html.
>
> Not all that big, but that was an expressed concern.

Thanks.

You really should have a link to this on the front landing page for
Log4j 1.2, I googled it many times before I found it. Since it fixes
known bugs, it really should be more obvious where to find it.

If I may, how about including the jar file along with the original
log4j1.2.x.jar in the distribution zip/tar.gz. That way, you would get
it, and still allow engineers to decide if they need it for their actual
deployment.

In a web server, typically deployed with gigabytes of ram and multiple
cores, the size can't matter, but for something embedded, it makes sense
to give folks a choice.

Thanks
pat

--