From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to use EnhancedPatternLayout
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 02:29:09 GMT

On Nov 16, 2009, at 11:17 AM, Pat Farrell wrote:

> Yair Ogen wrote:
>> do you have log4j extras jar in your classpath?
>
> Did know I needed it, so no
> Where do I find it?
>
> Slightly OT, but why not just include the classes in the standard
> distribution? Is it that big?

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/extras/index.html and http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/extras/download.html

.

Not all that big, but that was an expressed concern.  It was placed in
a separate jar since we thought it would evolve and release more
frequently than log4j proper and so we could still have log4j 1.2 only
have a JDK 1.3 dependency and put all the JDK 1.4 dependent general
purpose stuff.