From shaoxian yang <ysxsu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Is DailyRollingFileAppender efficient or safe to use if log file is huge?
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:49:17 GMT

Hi,

I am using log4j 1.2.15. I am pondering between DailyRollingFileAppender and RollingFileAppender.

For RollingFileAppender, I can enforce file size limit and MaxBackupIndex. But for DailyRollingFileAppender,
i can not limit either.

Aside from being difficult to planing disk space usage, does DailyRollingFileAppender cause
inefficiency if the log file become huge? In theory, the log4j just keeps a file descriptor
and append to the end. It should not matter that much if the log file is big or small.

Did I miss anything. Any feedback or recommendation is appreciated.

Thanks.

Shaoxian Yang

Keep your friends updated―even when you’re not signed in.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_5:092010