From Brett Randall <javabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileAppender is not assignable to Appender
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 12:00:09 GMT
Log4j is identifying the classloaders with incompatible versions of the
classes referenced.  The classpaths are missing so hard for me to deduce
more, but you may be able to determine which WAS classloaders in the
webapp's classloader hierarchy have been responsible for loading the
incompatible versions, which may lead to the reason why this is occuring.

If you are running log4j 1.2.6 or later try setting system property
log4j.ignoreTCL=true to tell log4j to not-prefer the thread context
classloader.

Brett