From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Log4j misses log messages
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2009 03:07:22 GMT
What version of log4j is in use?  Platform?  AsyncAppender was significantly modified a few
releases ago.  If you are not using log4j 1.2.15 or later, could you test if the same behavior
occurs with the current log4j code?

On Dec 15, 2009, at 8:06 PM, Hongli Zeng wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> Recently, I found a strange problem that Log4j missed the log messages in the night stress.
I use "AsyncAppender" in order to get high performance when printing log messages, I don't
know why that Log4j missed some log messages.

> I attached my log4j configuration, it was deployed into JBoss server. I also attached
a snapshot of JBoss log file(serverlog.JPG). In this snapshot, you can see that log4j missed
about 15 minutes log, I'm sure in this period, there were a lot of activity, log4j should
print out the log messages.

> Have you encountered the similar problem? Do you have any idea about that? Could you
tell me how to fix this problem?