From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Concatenate DailyRollingFileAppender and SMTPAppender
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 03:26:45 GMT
The RollingFileAppender framework in the extras companion (http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/extras/index.html)
would be a better starting point.  Much more designed for extensibility than DailyRollingFileAppender
but offers the same features when properly configured.  You should be able to replace the
rolling policy with an extended one that does what you want.

As for an existing solution, I'm not aware of one, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone
pointed you to one in the new day or so.