From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Strange error message
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:51:47 GMT
The SVN HEAD implementation of QuietWriter currently has checks on the string parameter and
exception catching that I believe have been added since the version that you are using.  Look
at bugs 46144 and 46574 and see if they have any similarities to your situation.

From the stack trace, it also looks like a JRE bug is a possibility.  Could you check the
Sun or other JRE vendors database to see if there is a reported issue.

Please provide platform, JRE provider and version, or log4j version, all of those are very
useful in tracking down issues.

Could you test again with the current SVN HEAD and/or the latest available JRE>