From Michael Erskine <michael.ersk...@ketech.com>
Subject RE: DailyRollingFileAppender
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2009 10:17:44 GMT
> Is there any way to get the log entries to have the most recent on top?
> Currently I am using html layout and the newest entry ends up at the bottom
> of the file.
> I'd like the newest on top.

Turn your screen upside down :)

Seriously though - I don't mean to poke fun but there's a proliferation of posts asking for
esoteric "features" that belong elsewhere. Can the users of libraries no longer write code?

BTW: I'm sure you could log to LF5 and have it display the most recent log entry first. Personally
I'd use tail and sort on a plain text log or write a custom appender that is a "prepender"
with an ajax servlet if I wanted to get fancy web output.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.