From "Yogesh Rao" <Yogesh....@mphasis.com>
Subject RE: Using MDC on an application server with thread pools
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 19:05:50 GMT
Hi,

Servers never guarantees that thread allocated to a request from client would be given the
same thread on subsequent requests from the client. Hence its advisable to clear out the mdc
info before the request ends(preferable)or in case you wouldn't like to clean up then make
sure you overwrite it every time to get the correct output.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers!

-----Original Message-----
From: Renan Vinícius Mozone [mailto:renan.mozone@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 12/4/2009 11:19 PM
To: log4j-user
Subject: Using MDC on an application server with thread pools

    On my web application (it uses JSP pages) I'm using the MDC to put the
the sessionid on the log records, but i'm facing a problem. The application
server is IBM WebSphere 6.1 and it uses thread pools. So, sometimes, the
thread for some sessions is changed (the pool allocate another thread to
continue the session) and since the MDC is thread based, in this cases I'm
getting a incorrect session on the log records. The log's are scrambled now.

    Any suggestions?

Information transmitted by this e-mail is proprietary to MphasiS, its associated companies
and/ or its customers and is intended
for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or it appears
that this mail has been forwarded
to you without proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this information
in any manner is strictly
prohibited. In such cases, please notify us immediately at mailmaster@mphasis.com and delete
this mail from your records.