From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Request for help: Log messages are not logged properly
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:14:21 GMT
Hello Amee,

Since UDP is a non-reliable transmission protocol, in case any of the
intermediary networking devices are overloaded by the transmission of
a large number of near-simultaneous messages, message loss can
occur. If you have not already, redo your tests with some
breathing space, e.g. by waiting say 10 milliseconds between each
transmission.

UDP non-reliability as the source of the losses you observe is just
an hypothesis, the real cause may be different.

HTH,

--
Ceki

http:/logback.qos.ch: the reliable, generic, fast and flexible logging
framework.

On 19/02/2010 11:09 AM, amee.desai@wipro.com wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are using Log4j framwork and syslog-ng for logging messages on Linux.
>
> We are using SyslogAppender of Log4j. We create sample application which has 8 threads
and one main thread which log messages into the logfile.

> We are using rootLogger and patternlayout for logging message. We are also changing configuration
file for udp connection.
> If We continuously run sample application for 10 times, some log messages are not logged.
They are missing from the log file.

> We use string as parameter in log method and simplelayout to resolve this problem. But
it is not working.

> Can you please help me?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Amee