From Godmar Back <god...@gmail.com>
Subject Q: how to prevent log4j from cutting off stack traces?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 05:08:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to configure log4j to not cut off crucial
parts of stack traces.
Here is an example from my Apache Tomcat log:

>>com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException: WallPosting : WallPosting
>>  at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DefaultMapper.realClass(DefaultMapper.java:68)
>>  at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:38)
>>  at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.DynamicProxyMapper.realClass(DynamicProxyMapper.java:71)
>>  at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.MapperWrapper.realClass(MapperWrapper.java:38)
>>  at com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.PackageAliasingMapper.realClass(PackageAliasingMapper.java:88)

In order to debug this problem, I need to see the full stack trace,
but I can't find how to configure log4j accordingly.

All I've found so far are users similarly confused as I am (*)

I'm not even sure if log4j is the culprit or not.

Thanks!

 - Godmar

Google keywords: log4j, stacktrace, stack trace, truncation,
truncated, cut off, ellipsis, short stack trace
(*) http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t147237-log4j-stack-trace-depth.html