From Godmar Back <god...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Q: how to prevent log4j from cutting off stack traces?
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:03:13 GMT
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Jacob Kjome <hoju@visi.com> wrote:
> I don't recall ever seeing Log4j cut off stack traces.  In fact, the reason
> the FilteredPatternLayout [1] was invented was because stack traces
> contained too much detail, not too little.
>
> Unless someone else can confirm that Log4j is the culprit, I would look
> elsewhere to find who/what might be cutting off stack frames.

Thanks, I appreciate your answer. Like I said, I too wasn't sure if
log4j was the culprit. I grepped through the log4j (ThrowableInfo) and
didn't see a cutting off anywhere.

I'm now starting to wonder if I'm using log4j at all, rather than JULI
(discussed here: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/logging.html
).

 - Godmar