From Doal Miller <Doal.Mil...@mir3.com>
Subject FixedWindowRollingPolicy
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:45:21 GMT
I took the FixedWindowRollingPolicy from the extras jar and changed the MAX_WINDOW_SIZE from
12 to 200. I also put in some code to see how long it took to rename the files. I used a SizeBasedTriggeringPolicy
set at 400000 bytes, but the size of the files really shouldn't matter with the rename, right?
At any rate, it took 3 milliseconds to rename 183 files. This is on Ubuntu.

The initial setting for MAX_WINDOW_SIZE was set at 12 because of concerns with the renaming
operation taking too long. A time of 3 milliseconds doesn't seem very long to me. Am I missing
something, or is my timing off? Does anyone remember (ballpark) the initial timings? Are there
any other concerns with bumping up the MAX_WINDOW_SIZE?

Doal Miller
Sr. Software Engineer